unitedstatesofno asked: if I want to get better at drawing, what should I draw a lot of? Also, your book kicks ass
Hello! Thank you! You could draw:
- the things you want to see more of in the world
- the things you like thinking about the most
- whatever you think will make your friends laugh the most
- maybe something you really hate thinking about, but drawing it gets it out of your head
- an idea or memory that you never want to forget
- whatever seems most difficult. It will be frustrating and you might even cry, but the worst that will happen is you’ll f*ck it up horrendously and get a funny/dopey drawing out of it.
<3 your pal Lisa
This is great advice from always entertaining Lisa Hanawalt.